Re: How to create Stored Procedure to return rows

From: Tim McCoy <mccoy2000_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 14:14:15 GMT

Bill wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I'm a newbie in Oracle and want to create a stored procedure to return rows
> just as "Select * from equipment".
>
> Could anyone kindly give me the sample script or for it?
>
> Do I need to use PL/SQL and PACKAGE?
>
> Regards,
>
> Bill
> kwlau_at_writeme.com

The other posts are helpful unless you are trying to return rows to a M$ client through ODBC. To do that you should use a M$ recordset and a SQL PASSTHROUGH query defined on the client side. I get this question a lot from VB programmers coming out of a SQL Server shop where you can write a query as a stored procedure and have it return the rows through a recordset to their VB client through ODBC. Received on Sat Mar 31 2001 - 08:14:15 CST