Re: Pro's & Con's on Oracle & SQL Svr?

From: wayne <no_at_email.please.com>
Date: 30 Mar 2001 23:45:27 GMT

> So if Oracle came in to look at a $100,000 (hardware and software) SQL
 Server
> system and made it 3 times faster by "selling" you $250,000 of consulting,
> $100,000 of Oracle licenses and $1,000,000 of hardware then that would be
> good deal?

They say 3 times faster, not cheaper!

Anyway, don't get worked up, I do not really care about it and I do not plan to take them up on it. I am still running all the files (including the o/s) on a single raid5 array. If I want faster I have a lot of things to try.

My reference to this was more of an aside than anything else. Received on Fri Mar 30 2001 - 17:45:27 CST