Having install trouble Oracle 8i - Linux Help??

From: Russ Wright <rwrigh10_at_tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 03:22:17 GMT

Hello All,

I've been lurking for a while hoping to find an answer but none yet. I'm getting an error when I attempt to install Oracle 8i on a Linux Box.

The linux box is a standard Redhat 7.0 out of the box install. I chose workstation default when I installed Linux. Then I downloaded Oracle from the web and chose typical install.

The Oracle install gets about 83% of the way done and then displays the following error:
"Error in invoking target install of makefile /home/rwright/OraHome1/rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk"

I'm not sure what is wrong any suggestions would be helpful

Thaks in advance
Russ Wright Received on Fri Mar 30 2001 - 21:22:17 CST