Re: Pro's & Con's on Oracle & SQL Svr?

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 15:41:30 +0100

Hmm

Microsoft.com runs on NT/SQL Server (well now the 2k editions)

Microsofts line of business apps ran on MS platforms (at least they were said to a couple of years ago) .

In short. I don't believe you. Of course if you can provide chapter and verse as to which Oracle products MS uses to run its business and on what hardware platform I might be tempted to believe you, after all Oracle would be publicising the fact would they not.

meanwhile I can't tell you about the line of buiness apps but www.webtv.com is running on IIS5/Win2k

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
"Daniel A. Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message

> > However, Microsoft does not use Oracle to run its business.
>
> Absolutely not true. No business the size of Microsoft can run on SQL
Server.