Re: Do reverse key indexes rebuild themselves???

From: Martin Haltmayer <Martin.Haltmayer_at_0800-einwahl.de>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 18:32:40 +0200

Yes, the reverse index is automatically maintained like every function based index.

So there is no need to issue an "alter index rebuild...". However, because reverse indexes are treated as function based indexes you cannot do "alter index rebuild ... online". This is a major drawback with large tables.

Martin