Re: Re:Re: sqlplus setting

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 22:39:32 +0200

In that case it looks like it is simply not possible. It does work in select statements, so I don't see why it shouldn't work in this case, so apparently it is a limitation, with which you have to live.

I have never seen it, and I have never seen any prompts with linefeeds in them, not in Oracle, and not on Unixes, so apparently you are the first to find it inconvenient.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

<u132781982_at_spawnkill.ip-mobilphone.net> wrote in message news:l.985895934.1395050048@[198.138.198.252]...
> It does not work. The spool file will be like
> this
>
> set sqlprompt test-prog1
> >

> but when you run it, it will be
>
> >set sqlprompt test-prog1
> test-prog1>
> SP2-0042: unknown command ">" - rest of line
> ignored.
> test-prog1
>
> Any other suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> <u132781982_at_spawnkill.ip-mobilphone.net> wrote in
> message
> > Hi, I run the following script at glogin
> >
> > set head off
> > set term off
> > variable a varchar2(100)
> > exec :a := dbms_Utility.port_string;
> > spool c:\z.sql
> > select 'set sqlprompt '''| |substr(global_name,1,6)| |'-'| |user| '> '''
> > from global_name;
> > spool off
> > @c:\z
> > set pages 66
> > set head on
> > set term on
> >

> > So that everytime I login Sqlplus, my sqlplus prompt will be looking
 like
 this

> > Test-Prog1>
> >
> > But it is a little bit unconvinent, can somebody suggest a better way so
 that the sqlplus prompt will look like