Linux/Apache meet Solaris/Oracle - How to?

From: L.Ray <lray_at_nospam.bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 22:57:31 GMT

Hello all
I have a problem I hope someone can help me solve. Here is some environment information:

Oracle Version:	Oracle 8.1.7
OS:		Solaris 2.6
Websrv FROM:	(NT) Personal WebServer
Websrv TO:	(Linux) Apache

I have some active server pages that I created and tested against NT Personal Web Server on my PC. The pages access data stored in an Oracle 8.1.7 database (solaris 2.6). I now need to remove the pages from my PC and put them on a Linux machine (Redhat 6.2) running the Apache Webserver.

What is the Linux equivalent to a DSN. How do I tell Apache where to look for the Oracle server, how to access the data, how to login? I've looked for ODBC drivers, but found only NT drivers.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Received on Wed Mar 28 2001 - 16:57:31 CST