Re: Help - Can't shutdown database

From: Allen <allenh_at_starbase.neosoft.com>
Date: 28 Mar 2001 11:52:33 -0600

After I do the shutdown immediate, it will tell me database shutdown and dismounted.. but it never returns from that until I manually kill the abandoned arc processes. Those are the only processes left running (except for the connection to svrmgrl). So ya at that point there are no connected users, no jobs, nothing..

Any suggestions much appreciated.. This problem is really screwing up our attempts at automating cold backups.

Allen