Oracle 8.1.7 on Mandrake 7.2

From: SKhmelni <skhmelni_at_usa.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:53:53 +0400

We are planning to migrate Oracle 8.1.7 from Windows NT to Linux. With Oracle 8.1.6.1 I did not have any problems during the installation but we have to use 8.1.7 with Oracle Portal.

I have desperately tried to install 8.1.7 on Mandrake 7.2. The following error occurs:

The Java RunTime Environment was not found at */bin/jre. Hence, the Oracle Universal Installer cannot be run. Please visit <http://www.javasoft.com> and install JRE version 1.1.8 or higher and try again.

I have installed downloaded and installed jre118_v3. Could you please give me a hint where to dive to solve the problem?

Best regards,
Sergey Received on Wed Mar 28 2001 - 00:53:53 CST