Memory limitations in Oracle?

From: Vikas Agnihotri <onlyforposting_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 09:48:21 -0500

Are there any memory limitations in Oracle?

In other words, if I have a machine with 20GB of physical memory (hypothetically), can I assign it all to Oracle's SGA via the relevant instance parameters (db_block_buffers, shared_pool_size, log_buffers, etc).

On a related note, what is the new large_pool_size parameter in Oracle 8i?

Thanks... Received on Tue Mar 27 2001 - 08:48:21 CST