Re: Q: Want to Migrate 8i from WindowsNT to Linux

From: Carl <c_joh_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 21:36:55 GMT

Hello Ralf.

Not difficult at all. Take a full export from your NT database and document your users, roles and tablespaces.

Recreate the tablespaces (so that names are matching what was in the NT). Recreate your users (with the same quota on the various tablespaces and the same roles) and import your exported system. And there you are.

-Carl