Re: Redolog file can not be written to HD

From: Rozi & George Goldberger <ghita_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 02:40:37 GMT

if you do not have space for your logs than the simplest way to solve it is:

  1. shutdown the database.
  2. make a cold backup of ALL the files (control, data even init.ora)
  3. delete all your log files.
  4. restart the database in archive mode.

In case of restore you will have to start from restoring the files from the backup, apply all the logs and so on.

There are many other ways. This is the simplest.

George