Re: OS block size

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 22:33:41 +1000

"Daniel A. Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3ABFF1F3.E0F2D9A0_at_exesolutions.com...
> > The DB_BLOCK_SIZE is meant to be a multiple of the OS block size. But
 how
> > can one find out the block size for NT/Unix for example?
>
> It is the block size of your tablespaces ... not of the O/S.

I rather think you've missed his point. He actually wants to know what the NT block size is, so that he can choose an Oracle Block size that is a multiple of it.

NT has 512 byte blocks IIRC, assuming NTFS.

Hence db_block_size should be a multiple of that.

And, on NT, you'd be daft to adopt anything other than 16K blocks, because NT supports direct write operations.

HJR