Re: Tablespace export ???? how ???

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Mar 2001 06:55:04 -0600

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam wrote:

> Galen (interesting name, BTW! That was the father of modern
> medicine, IIRC?),

Yes, exactly where they got it from. I quess my parents wanted to be unique :-)

OTHER SIBLINGS: Brother - Ashley (Right of Gone With The Wind, I suppose) Sister - Landya (Some singer named Bozzell Landya. Thank God

       they chose the second)
Sister - Arienne (Not sure of the origin here, but beautiful

       name)

I do love all the names, but they are a bit out of the norm.

> not one of my suggestions in this group so far will result in a
> corrupt database. Even if they are done without the proper
> care. I'd never do that to anyone, having been on the
> receiving end of corrupt databases myself (as a result of
> ORACLE bugs!) It's a pain and nobody deserves that.

The point wasn't that you would cause somebody pain or that your advice was suspect. The point is that anybody that just takes your advice and acts upon it with a production data server should be hung out to dry. It is risky stuff, so practice on an instance that can be corrupted without penalty.

--
I don't want to be the rock.  Yeah, okay, what do you want to be?
I want to be the piece of glass.