Re: dbsnmp not starting

From: Allen <allenh_at_starbase.neosoft.com>
Date: 26 Mar 2001 14:57:43 -0600

>Oracle 8.1.7 on Solaris 7, I do the "lsnrctl dbsnmp_start" command, but no
>dbsnmp processes are started. They used to - now I'm not sure why they're
>not coming up. Any ideas or clues on what I should look for?

I found my problem. Somehow (why I don't know) the permissions on $ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbsnmp were changes to that it wouldn't execute. After I did a chmod +x dbsnmp everything started just fine. Very strange.

But there is a 2nd problem now. My unix admin says the dbsnmp processes are chewing up over 50% of CPU resources. This isn't happening on our test server. Any ideas on why dbsnmp is being such a hog now?

thanks again!

Allen Received on Mon Mar 26 2001 - 14:57:43 CST