Re: Tablespace export ???? how ???

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 26 Mar 2001 13:00:06 -0600

I am just starting to get back into this group, but thought I might add a perspective.

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam wrote:

> Why the heck can't we do the same in the ORACLE arena, open and
> without prejudice?

I agree totally, but maybe the advice should be prefaced with non-standard or unsupported or ...

> Maybe a separate discussion group, open to anyone who wants to
> participate?

But, then, how does this fellow get his advice from you?

My point is, one should always have a way to test advice. If someone actually takes advice from anyone in this group that puts their database at risk without having tested it thoroughly, then they are foolish. Advice on this group shouldn't always mean immediate action, from anyone, no matter how many times or how reliable their advice seems. Also, if an organization actually entrusts their data servers to someone who would immediately act upon actions laid out like Nuno suggested deserves to have their database corrupted.

This is a newsgroup forum. One can learn an immeasurable amount of things from the people on this group, but it is still a newsgroup. The forum is always a bit suspect.

BTW, I have copied off your suggestion. I really like it. I love to find better backdoors. Maybe I will go try it out on one of our servers in production, right now :-)

--
I don't want to be the rock.  Yeah, okay, what do you want to be?
I want to be the piece of glass.