Re: How to become SYSDBA - Oracle 8i Sun Solaris

From: Jose Nicolau <jose.nicolau_at_clix.pt>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 16:57:44 -0500

To access your database with all priviledges from Enterprise Manager it's another problem that you'll solve with orapwd: it's easy. To put your database in archivelog mode it's easy too :) modify three parameters in initSID.ora, something_archive_dest, something_archive_format and something_archive_start=true... :) :) (I don't remember these parameters well)
and then:
startup mount;
alter database archivelog;
alter database open;