Re: Tablespace export ???? how ???

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 15:55:34 +1000

Select * from dba_segments where tablespace_name='X';

You're particularly interested in the segment name and its owner (but I can't remember off the top of my head whether the segment name column is called seg_name, segment_name, segmentname, obj_name, object_name, tablename, table_name, table or some other variant that the designers of the Oracle Data Dictionary have decided to inflict upon us. I suspect it's 'segment_name', but I find "*" rather easier to remember).

Now export. If you're using the command line, it's a question of tables=(scott.emp, freddy.salaries, andso.adinfinitum)

Then... drop tablespace X including contents

Finally, create tablespace X datafile 'path/filename' size 1000m (I believe in being generous with space provision).

Import, using the same comma separated list of tablespaces.

Just one word of warning: do not use this as an opportunity to re-name the tablespace, because you are at risk, if you do, from discovering that all your tables get re-created in the SYSTEM tablespace. Keep the names exactly the same, and it won't happen.

Regards