Re: Tablespace export ???? how ???

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 05:49:14 GMT

On Sun, 25 Mar 2001 13:34:40 +0800, "Venkat Iyer" <venkat_p_iyer_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>i'm trying ot reclaim some space from my datafiles....i need to drop a
>tablespace and recreate it with the rite storage and sizing
>parameters.....how do i just export the contents of a tablespace, drop it
>and recreate it ?????

Hehehe! Look at how exp operates. It uses views kept in catexp.sql. Create your own copy of these, modify to only look at a single, named, tablespace, then create them in user other than SYSTEM. Give this user export database rights and you're away.

<Copyleft method, all rights made public>

HTH Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Sat Mar 24 2001 - 23:49:14 CST