Re: changing temporary tablespace for all schemas

From: Martin Haltmayer <Martin.Haltmayer_at_0800-einwahl.de>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 22:45:23 +0100

Hello Cristian,

it depends. If your temp ts was created by "create temporary tablespace bigtemp" (only possible in 8.1.x, recommended for temporary ts) you cannot offline it (you would receive ORA-03217).

Before you can delete the datafiles you *must* drop the bigtemp tablespace. In Unix you can check by the fuser command if the datafile is still in use. You will discover that only the drop tablespace is really relieving the ts.

Martin