Re: Help:Trace file name

From: Rick Wessman <rwessman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 23 Mar 2001 12:38:48 -0800

I don't know which operating system you are on, so I'll assume Unix.

The file name is composed of the value of $ORACLE_SID, the type of Oracle process, and the ID of the Oracle process.

The Oracle process type, in your case, would be "ora" as that is the process generating the trace. However, it could be several others, including "smon" and "pmon."

As example, if your ORACLE_SID is "test," the name of a trace file might be test_ora_12345.trc.

                                  Ric

--
                                Rick Wessman
                                Server Security Group

     The opinions expressed above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
                         those of Oracle Corporation.