Re: Mutating from trigger

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Mar 2001 15:30:10 -0600

> Just a few very general guidelines as your post is very vague

Yes, I wasn't trying to be vague, but instead general, which got me the help I was looking for. I guess I should have stated the generality up front.

I apologize for that.

> 3 You can update the current row by simply *assigning* the
> desired value to :new.<columname> (You very often see people
> updating the current :row by means of an update
> statement. There's no need for it)

Ah, I see. That's it.

Thanks much!

Man, its been awhile since I actually touched a trigger. Got caught by a little nuance.

--
Galen Boyer
I like to skate on the other side of the ice.