Re: trigger within procedure within trigger

From: John Alexander <jalexander_at_summitsoftwaredesign.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 11:19:35 GMT

I think a session global is preferable to enabling and disabling a database trigger in the code. Disabling a trigger in the middle of a process is a non-standard way of doing things, and can lead to confusion by future developers. Besides which, when you enable/disable objects it will cause a problem for any other user trying to run the insert at the same time.