Re: Oracle 8.1.7 unable to autostart database

From: ccyr <ccyr6798_at_hotNOSPAMmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 01:47:38 GMT

the oracle NT utility you want to look at is oradim. I don't have docs at hand, but you can do stuff like

oradim -edit -sid mysid -starttype inst,srvc -startmode a oradim -startup -sid mysid

starttype is instance or service or both; startmode is auto or manual - course you can do the startmode part via w2000 Services

Now, I know one of the "start" params does not go with the -edit, not sure which
one. think there's an "oradim -help" or oradim /? or something.   "Tek Seng" wrote in message <000801c0b284$b4e7ef20$11e978cb_at_d>...   Hi,

  Installed Oracle 8.1.7 in Windows 2000 Server SP1.

  I am unable to get the database started automatically after bootup

  even though the registry value ORA_SID_AUTOSTART is set to TRUE.

  Is there any ways that I can start the database automatically at boot

  time?

  Thanks. Received on Thu Mar 22 2001 - 19:47:38 CST