Re: Oracle 8.1.7 unable to autostart database

From: <ts.yap_at_imaging.com.sg>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 02:29:27 GMT

Sorry for posting in HTML as I was using a web-based site to post the message.

In the control-panel, the services applet is started normally with the autostart setting.

When I run server manager with
1. connect internal
2. show sga
the message says ORA-01034 - Oracle not available.

After which typed startup, the database will be started.

That registry value ORA_SID_AUTOSTART according to Oracle documentation is to startup the database automatically with the appropriate pfile(set also in the registry) when the Oracle Instance is started. But it does not work.