Re: Search in Long Type Field

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 09:10:36 -0000

In that case I would advise one of two things. Either build a stored procedure in PL/SQL that takes the search string as a parameter, or preferably use a Varchar2(2000) field and limit your strings to 2000 characters. If this isn't sufficient you may wish to upgrade the database to 8i with its CLOB datatype and dbms_lob package. In fact you should probably be doing this anyway as Oracle 7 is no longer a supported version.

regards

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
"Giulio Petrini" <G.Petrini_at_ao-siena.toscana.it> wrote in message

> I use Asp.
> I must create an application that built a query on Oracle.
> I connect to DB with OLE-DB.
> :o)
>
> "Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> ha scritto nel
> messaggio news:995c0t$3vr$1_at_soap.pipex.net...
> > what tool are you using for this purpose?
> >

> > "Giulio Petrini" <G.Petrini_at_ao-siena.toscana.it> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > > I like to know how can i search a substring in a Long Type Field.
> > > I've seen that if I link the table in Access'97 I can use Like
Function,