Re: Invalid packages with ORACLE 8i

From: Martin Haltmayer <Martin.Haltmayer_at_0800-einwahl.de>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 23:20:55 +0100

Hi Francois,

find out on what objects the procedure depends by investigating all_dependencies view when the procedure is valid. As soon as one of these objects being depended on is dropped the procedure turns invalid.

So not the operations on the procedures must be monitored but operations on the objects the procedure depends on.

One frequent error is using synonyms in the procedures, e. g. for tables that contain date strings in their names. When the synonym should point to a different table it is dropped and recreated. The dropping of the synonym invalides any procedure that uses it.

Martin

Francois PUECH wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Maybe my question wasn't clear enough...
>
> NO operation is made on these procedures (except of course using them...).
> That's why the problem is strange. The last time I have got this kinda
> problem was because of memory problem.
>
> François
>
> Carlo Pereti hotmail.com> <carlo_pereti@<nospam> a écrit dans le message :
> %Kur6.167$1b3.767204_at_nnrp1.proxad.net...
> > Look in "Oracle Administrator guide", "General Management of Schema
 Objects"