Transpose a SQL query

From: <vikasa_at_despammed.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 21:40:25 -0500

How can I transpose a SQL query? i.e. convert rows to columns and columns to rows?

Lets start off with the simple case of, say, 1 row and 5 columns. How do I get 5 rows and 1 column from this?

Is there some generic technique for this (read: clever SQL), some Oracle 8i features, or does one need to write PL/SQL?

Thanks... Received on Wed Mar 21 2001 - 20:40:25 CST