How to estimate the size of temp segment required?

From: <u191833496_at_spawnkill.ip-mobilphone.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 04:17:21 GMT

Hello,

I have a complicated and clumsy :( query that causes ORA-01652: unable to extend temp segment by 12137 in tablespace TEMP. I know this can be resolved by adding datafile to the temp tablespace. The problem is that I have added serveral times but still see the problem. Is there any way to estimate the requirement on the temp tablespace, except by setting to the tablespace to autoextend and see how large it grows? I know the structures of the tables and the number of rows in the tables. Or is there any method of minimizing the requirement of temp tablespace? I have tried to read the oracle docs but could not find the information :(

Anthony Tsang

--
Sent by thtsang from my-deja  part of com