Re: Performance degrade after migrate db from NT to HP-UX

From: RshomeUK <rshomeuk_at_aol.com>
Date: 21 Mar 2001 21:32:00 GMT

I've done a fair bit of tuning of Oracle on HP/UX 11.

At a guess I'd suggest that you are running short on physical memory, and your system is swapping out a lot.

Can you confirm if you are using 'pseudo-swap' (the swapmem_on) parameter. If so I'd suggest turning this off.

Also I'd do regular reboots of your server (at least weekly). This helps prevent memory leaks, and Oracle server processes left hanging around.

Lastly I'd suggest checking the value of the dbc_pct_max (or something like that), as this could be reduced.

Richard,

Oracle DBA, UK Received on Wed Mar 21 2001 - 15:32:00 CST