Re: Really stuck and cant find an answer help.

From: Braxton Robbason <robbason_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 22:33:23 -0500

I was looking at SQLPLUS command tracing, which shows statistics, and I think you might want to look at the oracle documentation for stuff relating to
set autotrace on
in sqlplus. Specifically,

select a.sid, b.statistic#, b.class, a.value,substr(b.name,1,30) from v$sesstat a,

     v$statname b
where a.statistic#=b.statistic#

will show you the statistics for a lot of things, including the redo logs. There is a description of all these statistics in the docs, it's linked from the V$SESSTAT view information under reference.

hope this helps a bit.