Re: ORA-01031 error message

From: Rodney Li <rodney.li_at_stelco.ca>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 11:02:10 -0500

Hi Sybrand:
Thx for the reply.
What I meant by writing username_at_SID/password was that I entered username_at_SID first and then I entered password when prompted. This seems to work.
Anyway, there was no user called internal in the ORA_DBA group and I created it. However, when i log on from a client, I still have the same problem. Logging on as a user first works fine but when i try internal_at_SID/password, I get the insufficient privileges error message. However, when I open SQLplus and I enter internal as username, password and SID, it works!! Hope to hear from you soon,
Rodney
Sybrand Bakker wrote in message ...

>"Rodney Li" <rodney.li_at_stelco.ca> wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>> I just set up this Oracle Server 8.1.6 Enterprise Ed. Now, I can connect
>> using sys_at_SID/password fine, same thing with any other user. However,
 when