Failover for Network disconnect.

From: Sam He <hesa_at_sx.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 22:15:42 -0500

Hi, all

I'm using oracle OCI to access database. The database connection can be transfered to backup database from primary database when primary database shutdown gracefully. The primary and backup database are just seperate database, not parallel servers. The problem is when I tried to get the same result when the network cable of the primary database machine was disconnected, it seems that the OCI statement was stuck there. I even couldn't get the OCI error. I also tested the socket communication by running two simple code on two Unix machines. When one of machines' cable is pull out, the socket will report error after 9 minutes. Maybe this is why OCI couldn't give us error response when cable disconnect. I guess OCI should have seeeion timeout, but I didn't find how to configure. If you guys give me some idea, thank you in advance.

Sam He Received on Mon Mar 19 2001 - 21:15:42 CST