Re: AlertLog Checking in NT

From: David Ehrens <nospam_at_nospam.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 06:04:15 GMT

"Hamdi" <hamdi.mohamed_at_sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:sFXs6.402237$f36.13586729_at_news20.bellglobal.com... ...
> the concern people .. I did succed on implementing that
> in Unix, but when it comes to NT I don't have the same
> luxury of powerful shell scripting in Unix

If you know perl, you can find ActivePerl for NT. If not, look for cygwin which has an implementation of a unix shell and some of the unix tools (awk, etc.). You'll have to cobble the rest together. To send out email, for example, look for a tool called BLAT that can do shell or bat file submission of emails.

Good luck!
David Ehrens Received on Sun Mar 18 2001 - 00:04:15 CST