Re: Drop or disable index?

From: GC <assistant_madman_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 14:52:35 GMT

I agree. We drop the indexes on our large tables (~30GB) prior to large batch loads, run sqlldr direct=true, then recreate the indexes (we explicitly recreate rather than let oracle rebuild them since space can sometimes be tight in the index tablespace for these tables). Instead of five hours (previous time for load), it now takes ~30 minutes.

Cheers,
GC