Re: Performance degrade after migrate db from NT to HP-UX

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_home.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 01:07:29 GMT

What is the sort area size set to on the HP and the NT box? If the query has an order by and the sort area size is set to the default it could be this. Batch might not make much of a difference with the sort area size setting also what is the sort_area_retained setting on both?

Be good if you posted one of the queries and the explain plan on that query from both OS's

Jim

"Eddy" <eddyng_at_netvigator.com> wrote in message news:98vvtr$flr5_at_imsp212.netvigator.com...
> We're using dedicated server with TNSNAMES only on HP-UX now. Both NT &
> HP-UX on the same subnet and we're in client-server model by using
> PowerBuilder, therefore, the startup time is the same, only when retriving
> online data from db has different....
>
> Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam> wrote in message
> > On Sat, 17 Mar 2001 22:27:36 +0800, "Eddy" <eddyng_at_netvigator.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >We've migrate our prod DB from Oracle 8.0.5 on NT to Oracle 8.0.5 on
 HP-UX
> > >11.0. The HP9000 is definitely powerful than our existing NT in terms
 of
> > >CPU power & memory. All batch jobs (including reports) run much faster
 than
> > >previous (approx. 3~4 times faster), however, the online transaction
> > >performance is degraded (e.g. a recordset need 3 seconds to load on NT
 &
 now
> > >need more than 10 seconds).
> > >
> > >Any ideas? We try to allocate more memory to SGA, enable async-io at
 OS