Re: oracle row level locking with JSP?

From: Nicolas Bronke <newsgroup_at_trinity.de>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 15:29:24 +0100

> > Is it True, that the oracle row level locking is with Java JSP
 impossible?

> Why do you assume that is true?
> It isn't, BTW

Because our java developers said that. In our "standard" client server application, we are using

select * from tablename where <whereclause> for update nowait

so that one record is locked and another user gets immediatly an error message if he starts updating the same record. Thats works really fine and handy.

Now we are transferring some parts to an intranet application using oracle as the database backend and Apache as the application server, so that we have an thin client. Now these developers told me, that this way is not possible (select ... for update nowait) if we are developing JSPs. I could not believe that. This is the reason why I am looking for another meaning.

Regards

Nicolas Received on Sat Mar 17 2001 - 08:29:24 CST