Re: Performance with one Sun T3 disk array

From: Roger <rg_at_mcs-hh.de>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 11:05:54 +0100

> Does anyone have any REAL experience using a single Sun T3 disk storage
> array for a "small" Oracle server? How does the performance compare

I have no experience with a Sun T3 disk storage array but our shop just currently switched from distributing the datafiles accros different spindles to just use one stripe accross all spindels. So far with very good results. For example: There was (almost) no difference in insert and update performance bettween a single 4 disk stripe and a condfiguration using 6 independent spindles. There is a very good whitepaper from oracle that describes why this SAME (stripe and mirror everything) approach is good.

If you have trouble finding this whitepaper I can email it to you.

Regards
  Roger Received on Fri Mar 16 2001 - 04:05:54 CST