Re: Disappearing records in VB/Oracle

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 16:28:37 -0000

you don't post your code but the obvious place to start is to ask if you are committing in sql*plus?

i.e.

>insert into dept (deptno) values(1);

>1 row inserted

will not appear in VB because the insert has not been committed.

however ODBC autocommits so the same insert statement in vb actually becomes

insert into dept (deptno) values(1);
commit;

regards (and sorry if i'm teaching my proverbial grandparent.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

"Arne Rasmussen" <arr_at_wanadoo.dk> wrote in message

> Hello there
> Im about to develop a C/S solution with Oracle 8.1.6 and VB, and i've
> experienced somthing - for me - extremely odd. I created 3 rows with
Oracle