Re: Terabytes + database on NT

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 09:15:03 GMT

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001 11:10:58 +0300, "andrey" <andrey_at_roz.ru> wrote:

>100Gb files copy proc ( during hot backup ) needs 1 hour to copy to backup
>host,
>not FOREVER

Andrey, PMFJI. That's 27Mb/s *sustained* input rate on the disk and 27Mb/s *sustained* output rate to disk/tape/net, aggregated, simultaneously, for an hour, out of a P800 (single CPU?), running in hot backup mode (presumably with other things running, by definition)!

I dunno, but if I were you I'd start selling that box around the world pronto. The best NT box I've worked with here could hardly do 20Mb/s sustained aggregate bandwith...

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Thu Mar 15 2001 - 03:15:03 CST