Re: Oracle Connection Manager

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 16:20:18 -0000

If I understand your english correctly then an alternative solution to connection manager is to use the nt environment varaible USE_SHARED_SOCKETS=TRUE. Connection Manager requires Enterprise Edition. There is a document in the technical library on metalink under the heading firewalls which details your options

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

"Bartek Papisz" <Bartek.Papisz_at_quantum.pl> wrote in message

> I have such problem that I cannot unite with base Oracla 8. 1. 7 on WINNT
4.
> 0 server from behind given nets ie :
> Inside nets all acts correctly does not have problem with connection
> oneself to bases, problem is when I unite from behind given nets.
> When link oneself by moment I am joint and after that silence.
Connection