Book recommendations please?

From: andrew_webby at hotmail <spam_at_no.thanks.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 11:43:31 -0000

Hi

As it's the end of the financial year, the Gods of accounting have given me a few quid to spend on books. Can I get some recommendations on some good material regarding high-performance/tuning etc for Oracle 8i (if some are for specific platforms, it's SparcSol 7 in my case).

My shortlist so far is:
Guy Harrisons "Oracle SQL-High Performance tuning" Johnathan Lewis' "Practical Oracle 8i"
Steve Adams "Oracle 8I internal services for...." and Rich Niemic "Oracle Performance Tuning, Tips and Techniques".

All these get good peer reviews at Amazon (and of course, some names are familiar straight away...)

Criticisms of choice/new submissions gratefully accepted. Thanks in advance.

Andrew
"Hurry young Simpson - there's learning afoot!" Received on Wed Mar 14 2001 - 05:43:31 CST