Re: How to check the corruption in online redo logs and archived logs

From: Jim Gregory <Jim.Gregory_at_ncr.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 09:34:50 -0500

ARCH occasionly can create a corrupted archive log from a perfectly good redo log. I have this happen occasionly and only discover it when the archive is applied to a standby DB. There is an option ( I believe un-documented ) to the alter system command that can check for a corrupted archive log:

alter system dump logfile '<archive log name>'

This reads the archive just like in a recover operation but doesn't apply it to anything - it simply reads through the archive. If it's corrupt, you'll get an error.

HTH

--
Jim Gregory
Principal Consultant for Keane, Inc.

Opinions are my own and do not reflect those
of my employer or clients