Re: How to check the corruption in online redo logs and archived logs

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 00:34:09 +1100

I am probably living under a misapprehension, but I could have sworn that if an archive is successfully taken, it is practically guaranteed clean -because ARCH doesn't just do an O/S copy of the redo log files, but intelligently reads them. To the extent that if member 1 of group 1 is corrupt, ARCH will automatically switch to reading member 2 of group to complete the archive.

And if all members of the group are corrupt, ARCH refuses to complete the archive, such that the entire database hangs when the log switches come round on top of the corrupt group.

To that end, I wouldn't stay awake at night worrying about it.

Regards