Re: Terabytes + database on NT

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 12:39:58 +0100

Definitely not.
IMO, with your proposed config you will get a MTBF (meantime between failure) which is well below average, and how is that single processor going to deal with 10 disks.
Life isn't that simple. If it would have been the software of Billy boy would have been working.
Forget about NT, and go for Sun solaris with proper logical volume software or RS 6000 with AIX.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA