Re: Terabytes + database on NT

From: Giorgio Sorbara <NoSp_at_m>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 10:26:04 +0100

Well...IMHO
you can't decide for these few informations posted... I would consider also...
% of growing of the DB monthly / yearly... # of users and impacts on the performances... just a couple...

here my suggestion based on my experience: AIX / Solaris
Actually the system handling10Tb of data i have been planning with once, it was running on a USparc 10000

as for the images...
check out options like interMedia or iFs anyway, probably i don't need to tell you, BFILE might be a solution to your problem as well

Giorgio