Re: Simple Licensing Question

From: Richard Piasecki <ogo_at_mailexcite.com>
Date: 14 Mar 2001 17:19:10 -0600

About a year ago, I bought a "development" license for Oracle 8i at about $1.50/power unit (now called universal unit). I think they may have eliminated that particular license, but, in general, Oracle seems to be pretty generous (they better be considering their prices) when it comes to using their products for development (as opposed to production) purposes. I'm sure you can negotiate something with them. They're not going to charge you for a full production license for your QA box.