Re: Re: Re: Configuring Oracle on RAID 5

From: Anurag Minocha <aminocha_at_herold.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 14:52:50 +0000 (UTC)

Writes are not all that important in our system because we run a batch process nightly to update the database. The users use the database mainly for querying from the web site.

When I run performance tuning scripts it shows me that there is a reo log contention of 77% and more. Also there is a contention for rollback undo header. Do I need to seriously take a look in these issues or can i ignore them because of the fact that the read speed is what that counts and not the write speed.

Please suggest.

Also let me tell you that we have 2 logical partitions across the same set of drives and the database is on the D partition. (All of it).

Thanks
Anurag

--
Posted from chi6-1.relay.mail.uu.net [199.171.54.98]