OPS Ping Rates

From: Internet Dog <nomail_at_forme.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 17:41:03 +1000

Hi!

I am trying to come up with a way of measuring the adverse affect that pinging is having in a Oracle 7.3.4 OPS environment on Solaris.

At the moment I am looking at V$PING and keeping track of the number of blocks being down converted on each instance. I am also looking at the statistic 'DBWR interinstance writes' (that is from memory, I have the real name back at work) and comparing it to the number of normal DBWR writes in an attempt to give me a 'ratio' of I/O's being wasted on pings. Is that reasonable?

What other mechanisms can I use to monitor the ping rates? How can I use these metrics to give me a method of working out what sort of effect this is having on the system?

Thanks

Ian Received on Wed Mar 14 2001 - 01:41:03 CST