Terabytes + database on NT

From: Anurag Minocha <aminocha_at_herold.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 17:27:46 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,
We are in the process of deciding the operating system to hold our database. It is expected that the database will be in Terabytes and will keep on growing at a very fast pace.

Is NT the right o/s for this or we should move to unix. If unix then which flavor of Unix.

I must tell you that the dataase will mainly consist of scanned images. Another solution which is possible to limit the size of the database is to store the path of the images in the database and store the images in the file system. In this way we can use NT, but I am not sure of the side effects of this.

We are thinking of 8i or later.

Please help.
Thanks
Anurag

--
Posted from chi6-1.relay.mail.uu.net [199.171.54.98]